‘A’ Level Economics Tuition
Featured on The Sunday Times newspapers as one of the five
'most sought-after' Super Tutors in Singapore
Economics Tuition That Really Helps
Economics during JC level can be demanding. Some students may find Economics difficult as this the first time students are in contact with the subject. A pity because it is a very marketable subject recognized by many employees and can open doors for students in the future.
At Anthony Fok’s Economics tuition, students are in good hands as they are personally coached by JC Economics tutor Anthony Fok, who is a former Ministry of Education school teacher. We make sure that students are equipped with the required higher order thinking skills, comprising application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation. We teach students how to explain current economic trends using principles in textbooks, putting forth answers in an impactful argument supporting statements against contradicting views. In doing so, we are proud to have produced successful students who have gone on to graduate in prestigious universities such as the University of Cambridge and London School of Economics and Political Science.
Profile of Anthony Fok
- Bachelor of Accountancy (Honours) from Nanyang Technological University (NTU).
- Bachelor of Economics from Murdoch University, Australia
- Masters of Education from Monash University, Australia.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE) from National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore.
- Currently pursuing Doctor in Education.
- Former Ministry of Education (MOE) school teacher.
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times‘ newspapers as one of the five “most sought-after super tutors” in Singapore.
- Featured on CNBC TV "a well-known face of Singapore’s booming private tuition industry and a part of an elite group of super tutors" in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘The Straits Times’ newspapers as a “super tutor who earn at least $1m a year”.
- Featured on MediaCorp Channel 5 TV programme ‘Made in Singapore' as “an educator with extraordinary qualities”.
- Guest speaker on 'MediaCorp Channel 5' TV Programme "The 5 Show" about tuition and enrichment classes in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘zbCOMMA’ Chinese language newspapers as an “inspirational and dedicated teacher”.
- Featured on ‘The Sunday Times‘ newspapers as an “Economics tutor who puts theory into practice”.
- Featured on ‘TODAY‘ newspapers for his views on “staying ahead of the academic race”.
- Featured on “The New Paper” as a “tutor with a passion for Economics”.
- Featured on ‘MyPaper‘ and ‘The Straits Times‘ newspapers for his views on the GCE ‘A’ level Economics ten-year-series, a compilation of Cambridge past years’ examination papers and worked solutions.
- Featured on ‘Lianhe Wanbao‘ newspapers as a ‘one-man show’ Economics tutor who “wins students by word-of-mouth recommendation”.
- Featured on ‘Singapore Business Review‘ magazine as a “top tutor who brings economics theories to life”.
- Featured on ‘U-Weekly Magazine’ on his views about the tuition industry in Singapore.
- Featured on ‘Today’s Parents‘ magazine for “educating the new generation using unique teaching methodology.
- Featured on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV programme as “an educator with extraordinary qualities which puts Singapore in good stead to solidify its reputation as Asia’s education hub”.
- Featured on “Domain of Experts” premier tuition platform which names seasoned tutors hailing from prestigious top schools.
- Featured on “Popular Club Magazine” on “How to Master GCE ‘A’ Level Economics”.
- Guest speaker on ‘MediaCorp Channel 5’ TV Programme “The 5 Show” about tuition and enrichment classes in Singapore.
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘On the Job’ – “Super tutor Anthony Fok sharing his experience as a full-time Economics tutor”.
- Guest speaker on “Official 938LIVE” radio segment ‘Dollars and Sense’ – “Star Economics tutor Anthony Fok helping students make sense of dollars!”
- Fellow of The College of Teachers, Institute of Education, London, for individuals who have made a significant contribution to educational literature or to educational management at a senior level.
- Registered with the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore.
- Member of the Economic Society of Singapore.
- Member of the American Economic Association and Economic Society of Australia.
- Member of Association of Supervision and Curriculum Development (Singapore).
- Member of Australian Association for Research in Education (AARE).
- Member of Educational Research Association of Singapore (ERAS).